Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2 Mr. Fix-it & Mrs. I Broke It

Mr. Fix-it and Mrs. I Broke It

Looking back on the last few weeks it appears in a motor home there is always one person who tends to break things or have the bad things happen.....   yes it is Mom/Rosey.   'I know' it is not a surprise.  Billy is very patient and easy on things where I tend to be a little rammy *!  If you are reading this blog, you know us well enough to know what I mean, ha ha.   And believe it or not even when I did not even touch something it will fall off or happen when I am in the coach by myself.  By the way it is easier to reach/turn switches on when you are 6 feet tall - the most common words spoken in our home now are "Billy can you get this for me?" along with "I'm sorry I broke it"!
So far:
1. broke a cupboard door clip - you can buy one for $13 - yes you pay special for an RV piece of plastic
2. sliding door came off the rail, my fault - it was on the break camp checklist and I did not lock it
3. light fixture cover will fall out if it gets cold, seems to expand in the heat - just needed to clip it back in but it only falls out when Billy is not in the coach..... it is the rv demons at work.
4. hallway fan handle came apart - I swear I only turned it a few times this way and a few times the other way on my tippy toes.... either way it did not go up.  another job fixed by the handy man.
5. bathroom facet
6. power went out; oh yes I had 4 electrical appliances surging at once - my bad - and I made an amperage chart so that would not happen
7. wing nut came off the toilet seat
8.  broken clip on the sliding mirror doors
Oh yes almost every other day there is a little fix it thing; you get the idea. Remember if you want to own an RV someone has to be the Mr. Fix It.  I met a lady the other day told me she is the one with the tool box and her husband supervises, ha ha.

p.s. Bonnie that is the picture you took of us - thank you it is awesome!


No comments: