Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt

Found it!!!
Not sure if I told you that after this book came out they actually had to move this statue "The Bird Girl" from the Bonaventure Cemetery to the Telfair Museum in downtown Savannah - there was too much traffic at the grave site.  There is also a movie based on this novel with Kevin Spacey and John Cusack.  I am a firm believer in the book is always better so I will read it before I watch the show.  
Yesterday we were on Jekyll Island and there was a very cool Bookstore in one of the Historical Houses

 - 2 floors of books and I got the last copy she had :)    I had to promise Billy I would not wander too long in the place if he would just please stop at it.... He's such a great guy.
As it turns out there is such an irony to this Jekyll Island Book store.  It makes it's home in the old Jekyll Island Club Infirmary building. This Victorian original was first built as the Furness Cottage. Later, Joseph Pulitzer owned it for a time. Then the Goodyear family bought it and donated it to the Jekyll Island Club for use as an infirmary.  And we all know who Joseph Pulitzer was ~ The Pulitzer Prize!


Rosey found her book

Now I almost hope for a couple of rain days so I can sit and read it.


No comments: