Thursday, January 24, 2013

Treasures in the Most Unlikely Places - Trenton, Florida

Jan 24, 2013 Cooler about 70, Sunny - cold at night about 45
We went to the potluck in the clubhouse the other night and Billy was telling this lady we met that on a rainy day I will get out my Sewing Machine and Breadmaker and Mixmaster and just have a great time because I like to be a bit of a Suzy Homemaker.  She suggested if I like to make things I should go up to the little town of Trenton where there is a Quilting Shop in an old Coca Cola warehouse and a Needlework Store and a Machine Quilting Store.  Well she was so right!!!!  We went for the ride today and I bought Billy the best lunch as you can see (he is so easy to bribe) if he would please take me there.  They also had an old time soda fountain.

The quilts were stunning.  Absolutely beautiful pieces of art.  I just wanted to buy enough bolts of material to quilt for days..... just wish I knew how.   That is definitely going on my New Years resolution to learn how to make these heirlooms.   In the machine quilting shop - holy talk about a professional piece of equipment.  There was a large screen TV monitor setup with a computerized program and a full wall setup with a quilt on rollers and the machine head that came down to complete the design.  Amazing.

No comments: