Sunday, May 26, 2013

Quilt by me + quilt show St. Jacob

Weather in Ontario this spring has been trying .... Very cold.  A few warm days but mostly cool and cold at night.  I put away the electric blanket the other day and sure enough it got close to freezing a few nights for the US long weekend so I pulled it back out!
This winter I was inspired by all the ladies quilting at every campground and the Suwannee Valley Quilt store we visited in Trenton, Florida.
When we came home we gave the baby quilt I made to our new granddaughter coming this summer.  So I can post a picture now since it will no longer ruin the surprise!  I have found a new hobby:)
This week we planned on taking a motorcycle ride to St. Jacobs to see the quilt show but the weather was too brisk alas the car was our ride.  Here are a few of the magnificent pieces of art.
In the church you could view the show and then downstairs it was tea and cookies.... How civilized!
And even one for the car... How nifty.


No comments: