Thursday, February 27, 2014

Motorcycle Run to Linger Lodge ~Bradenton

Feb 24 - Mar 3/14  Weather  80+ and low 60 at night.  Quite nice.
Staying in a park that just opened up a whole new section of premium big rig sites, called Riverside RV Resort in Arcadia.  These are the largest sites we have seen as far as width - 60 feet wide!  Nice and private and we back up to a lake.  Of course every thing we know as a pond is called a lake in Florida.......  funny.  But it is lovely with the fountain in it.   The park is right on the Peace River and many of the campers have canoes or kayaks.  

The sign where you launch says no swimming...... ?????   So what is in the water?  Gators.   Today we spotted one lying on the bank.  OK, no kayaking for Rosey.   If something hit up against our kayak I would be bound to freak out and flip over.   Instant lunchmeat.

Arcadia is close to Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda.  We moved about 170 miles south and the temperature is about 10 degrees F  warmer than where we were.  The park has many winter residents and they have a motorcycle run every Wednesday.   


We signed up and thought this would be a great way to see some local roads and chat with everyone.   The ride was mostly through Citrus orchards and cattle ranches.   About 14 motorcycles went and the leader took us to a very unique old lodge for lunch.   Linger Lodge is located on the Braden River in Bradenton.   There are preserved animals on every inch of the restaurant.   

The story is that the owner in the 1950's cleared the land and hunted and stuffed everything he caught.  Billy had to take the pictures for me since the place gave me the creeps.   I am not a "snake" person.  Ok, I hate snakes......  and they are stuffed and hanging every where.   I just kept my eyes down and followed the group to the table.   Billy kept telling me "but they are all dead".   "I know but I still don't like them"!!!  Lucky for me the tables were not within eye distance and I had a wonderful Avocada and Blue Crab Salad. 


No comments: