Saturday, April 30, 2016

Shipshewana and a Quilting Obsession

April 28 /16  Weather 53, misting rain.  Cool tonight 42.  Shipshewana, Indiana.
This morning I quickly had my coffee and dressed with my walking shoes to hustle down the street into town before we have to pull out of the campground at noon.  Lots of time for Rosey to indulge in a couple of quilt shops that are within 1/2 mile.   Billy stayed at the coach with coffee mug and TV remote in hand.
the ten commandments
 As I walked out of the RV park  I waited for a horse and buggy to clear past me and then I glanced up and saw The Ten Commandments mounted on the side of the barn.  Such a genuine area this is. While I trucked on down the side of the road where the buggies go I had to laugh at such a simple site as a "shoe" laying  there.  Looks like a horse had a flat I thought!  It was ironic in the sense that our son called yesterday with a flat tire on the car.   What a paradigm:)
a flat tire.....?
The sky threatened and of course I did not take an umbrella as Billy suggested, wouldn't an umbrella get in the way of carrying parcels back?  Ha!
First shop was The Cotton Corner.  Nice little shop.   A primer to get in the mood to my next stop at Yoder's Department Store. 
rugs that looked hand made

Sock Monkeys
 Yoder's has everything.  Like an old fashioned department store should be - clothes for all, shoes, rugs, crafts, cafe, and lots more.  Huge fabric section.  Adorable stuff.   Don't let the quaintness of the village set your expectations in the material.   Yoder's had lots of modern style fabrics plus the little house on the prairie too.
baskets of colourful fat quarters

beautiful quilt at Cotton Corner

No comments: