Friday, December 22, 2017

Hurry Up and Wait ~ otherwise known as Airline Travel

Dec 14 to 18/17  Weather in Arizona is lovely, 70's and 40's.
flying into Canada
Home in Ontario is SNOWY and COLD!  Apparently Winter came just in time for me to fly home for the weekend.  Oh boy!  Billy was my Uber driver and dropped me off at Phoenix Skyharbor Airport Thursday and picked me up on Monday.  It seemed sensible to have just one of us fly back this year.    So funny, I was the only one with an airport shuttle that was a motorcycle!  But at least this way I could not overpack and I had my leather jacket and gloves on to take with me.
My airport shuttle
My Westjet flight stopped in Toronto and then on to London but it was late by about 1 hour.  The rental car desk was closing at midnight and when we got in about 11:45..... I was thinking please don't leave before I get my car.  Little did I know that my dearest friend was waiting for me and had already told the car rental guy to get the car cleaned off from snow and warmed up for us!  Ha, ha.  Paula is the best, giving me a place to stay coming and going.  The weekend days were spent down in Chatham visiting with my family.  We had the best time, the best Christmas.  Thanks to my sons we had so much fun seeing our annual christmas  Star Wars release.   Lots of hugs and laughs.  After I got back to Phoenix the very next day the snow melted, haha - of course it did.  I'm pretty sure my shoes and socks were wet the entire 3 days slopping around in the snow.   But it was worth a pair of shoes  :)
Not used to driving in the white stuff


No comments: