Sunday, December 16, 2018

Another Month

Dec 6 - 13/18  Weather 1/10 inch of rain.....  what is that?  a little misting of rain for 2 days.  Then clouds and cooler for the week.  Temp in the mid 60's and high 40's at night.  Time for Rosey to split for a week and head back to Ontario to celebrate Christmas with the family.  Isn't it Christmas everyday?  It has been so gorgeous here in SoCal we do not want to leave the area just yet.  We are lucky to be able to stay in the Indian Waters RV Resort in Indio till the end of the year.   The Palm Springs Airport is only a half hour away and I was able to get Delta airlines flight to Toronto with a short layover in Salt Lake City.  This is the first time in years I actually got a free flight with my airmiles!  whoohoo.
With the misting rain we rented a car to run to the airport instead of the motorcycle plus my flight was 6 am which meant I needed to be there about 4:30 am.    Who really wants to ride in the middle of the night.
Palm Springs Airport

Palm Springs Airport is so tropical.  After you check in and clear security you walk outside under the palm trees to your gate.  You also do not have a jetway to board the plane, you walk outside on the tarmac and up a ramp to board a small jet.
Landing in Salt Lake City was snow and mountains.  Looked cold outside but I just walked to another gate which is fairly close since the airport is not huge.
Another 4 hours in the air and I landed in Toronto.  It was rush hour and getting my rental car and heading out just meant inching along in the parking lot on the 401freeway to my oldest son's family in Kitchener.
The greatest gift of all - my Aiden


A wonderful visit for a couple nights!  New grandson is so adorable,  Aiden just melts my heart.  Then off to Chatham to for a christmas night with my youngest son.  Three nights at my Mum's senior residence where I got a guest room.  Just getting used to the "inevitable".  Haha.   One night the nurses even checked on me by mistake and then apologized in the morning.  OMG; that was funny.  My last night was in London visiting my dear friend.  
The week flew by and back in Palm Springs I took Uber back to the park since I had Christmas present baggage to claim which would have made Billy have to rope and stack it on the motorcycle otherwise.  It was a very merry Christmas.
St. Andrews Residence - my dear mum and me

No comments: