Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Things that make your day

March 10/2019  weather 74/51  - forecast has a storm building to hit Tuesday so we are popping out for groceries on the motorcycle.  Since it is our only transportation we are weather watchers.  We may not plan ahead and book campsites but we do plan our bike rides.
The local grocery store is H.E.B.  Since we are not from here we always call it heb.  The locals look at us like "what?  oh you mean H E B".  Even the little things give you away as being a visitor.  
Today I found a neat little package of all the things we need to make a pot of chili.  No more looking in the spice section, the tomato sauce section, the bean section, the diced tomato section.  How smart is that?
what a great idea - all in one box
And what super inventive appliance will I put this in?  Instant Pot.  That gadget is amazing, it will do everything but wash your dishes.  The kids got me one for christmas and it will empty your already crowded motorhome cupboards.  Out goes my rice cooker, my crockpot.  In goes my Instant Cooker.  I am currently obsessed with making homemade yogurt since I got this gift.  There are 10 different settings on it, including pressure cooker so you can make something like Beef Stew in about 20 minutes!   Make sure if you get one to measure the size - this ones fits perfect in my cupboard.
Instant Pot

No comments: