Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Bare Footin'

October 23/2018  Weather sunny and warming up, high of 72 when we arrived in Bowling Green, Kentucky.  
KOA Bowling Green, they all look the same

We backtracked to I75 then took the bypass on the east side of Cincinnati,,,,, I know you wonder why do we do that?  It is about 20 miles longer but so much easier than trucking right down through Cinci.  We have always found downtown is rough and often under construction and the lanes feel so narrow.  So we take I275E.    Back on 75S we cut west on I71 to Louisville where we again take the first bypass I265E and drop on to I65S.  Now it is just an hour and a half to Bowling Green KOA, Kentucky.  Our stop will be the KOA for a couple of nights.
Billy barefootin'

While cruising along today I smiled while noting that Billy is always barefootin'.   This is his preferred mode of driving.  He has a pair of old shoes that he puts on when we stop for fuel at the truck stops.  As well he puts on a pair of leather fueling gloves.  In the motor home we have a hidden compartment under the steps to the outside and it's the perfect spot to keep his fueling gear.

No comments: